Eucharisteo – yoo-khar-is-teh’-o.
Definition: To be grateful; to give thanks.
Yummy. New words are so delectable. And this one is a lip smacker, peoples.
You and me...we could stand to be a bit more thankful. Today is just another day where I need to get over myself and look at the world again as a really, really awesome place.
Millions of things around me, in all there softness and wetness and warmness and coldness, in there bigness and smallness. And thank God, I get to be a tiny part of it, watching it all.
A Portrait of Grace is going to get to 1000. Maybe I can too. Working on praising Him in the best and worst of times is something this generation needs to do.
What am I thankful for? Right now? Today?
1. Soaking in a hot bath. On a snowy day.
2. A Dad who has the patience and know-how to fix stuff. Like my computer. And the freezer. And Mums sewing machine. (which was my fault. Oops)
3. Having the time to get lost in a book.
4. Roast beef sandwiches. With mustard.
5. My ipod. Nuf' said.
6. Learning delicious new words.
7. That happy, exhausted feeling when you feel like you really earned your dinner and a good nights sleep. (Shoveling snow will do that to ya)
8. Watching movies with my family.
9. Cozy PJ's, thick, soft winter blankets on blistery winter nights.
10. Reading myself to sleep.
11. Peanut M&M's
12. Epic movie soundtracks that pump you up for hard work. (did I mention shoveling snow?)
13. Having a mental bucket list.
14. Snow covered mountains.
15. The brain God gave me. Sometimes idea's go tumbling through my head and I can't seem to keep up...but you know, I wouldn't want it any other way.
16. When some one turns a thought into something memorable and beautiful.
18. Fresh fruit.
19. Late nights.
20. Early Mornings.
21. Looking forward to the day.
22. Knowing there is always something to be thankful for.
23.Winter apple body wash. Smells so good. All fresh and clean and cozy. Sound a little too girly? good. I like girly.
24. Rereading old books, re-watching old movies that take me back to a younger me. Good times.
25. The contented feeling of finishing a list. *wink*
I was going to write about being un-apologetically single, but so many other blessings took up my time today, (Pretty sure I mentioned snow already) that will have to be Fridays post.