Thursday, January 1, 2015

Climbing Up to It, Part 2

In which we embark on a little journey together...Where I hopefully become calmer, wiser, and a stronger christian...and you become excited to do the same.

Photo credit http://www.grantordelheide.com/

Don't roll your eyes when I say it: New Years Resolutions.
Are you sick of that one? Yeah...Me too.

  To quote a friend:
" I mean, come on, they like never last past January."

But I'm only going to do one in January.
And then one in February.
And then we'll work on March...See where I'm going with this?

Apparently, it takes anywhere from 21 days to six weeks to 66 days to just, months and months,  to form a habit. I'm expert because I just googled it. Nobody really seems to be sure.

So I'm starting small. Giving myself a month to improve myself in one way or the other.  And I wanted you to know because when I've tried the resolution thing in the past and told no one, it didn't last for a week. Pathetic, I know.

Some of them, I really do want to make a daily habit. Others, well, they are just things that I need to get done. I would be thrilled if you joined me.

Here are the first six months. Once I've come up with six more, I'll let you know.

(And hey guys, I'm open to suggestions)

January: Get up at 7 a.m. every morning
Even on weekends.Which means, accordingly, that I should, *ahem* (guilty cough), go to be earlier. 

February: Only Pinterest on Mondays.
Lemme explain. I am a bit of a Pinterest addict, and it wastes time. I can't do it so much anymore without feeling guilty, Since Mondays are my day at home, this will leave so much more during the rest of the week for other things...like blogging for example.   


March: Get the hardest three things of the day done first. 
According to Pinterest (don't judge me) the most successful people in history got up early and tackled whatever was most difficult about their day first. Since theoretically by this time I will be up a seven all the time, this one should give me plenty of time for the rest of the day. For what? We'll find out.

April: Rid myself of at least one thing, every day.
I'm talking clothes, unwanted beauty products, random useless pens, my ipod (I don't even remember how I ended up with some songs on that thing.) And I don't even want to think about a certain pile   of receipts, pay stubs, and bank statements. 


May: Purposefully encourage/uplift a different person.
Every. Single. Day. 
   This one is going be a habit.


June: Read my bible every single day.
Because if I am going to be brutally honest with you, I don't. And I really need to study it. I miss out on thankfulness, cheerfulness, being content to my core, seeing the world in a sharp new focus everyday...all because I am lazy and don't read it.  


I'll be checking in at the end of each month to tell you how I did.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment